1. Move classrooms - this is a big job! I'm currently in the thick of it.
2. Paint one wall of the new classroom in a fun yet relaxing color - how lucky am I that our awesome janitors let me do this!? I have five samples currently on my wall and am going with . . . PURPLE! Sorry male teacher who will someday move into my room when I retire (20 years baby!)
3. Make new labels for my classroom library - I already worked on this a few summers ago but need to add poetry and sports to my list of genres. I need a "put me back" label for a library bin too.
4. Make fun bathroom passes - I found this on Pinterest and LOVE it!
5. Make new labels for math and science supply buckets - my old ones are getting nasty.
6. Add a way for students to show the part of the writing process they're at to my writer's workshop bulletin board. I'm still going my Calvin and Hobbes theme. I just need to refine it.
7. Print and laminate my new supply labels - I just revised this and added it to TpT. Yay!
8. Get my reader's workshop, writer's workshop, and calendar months, and maybe my monthly door decorations and signs ready and upload to TpT - This is taking me forever!
9. Figure out what my Cafe board and objective board will look like.
10. Use this very cute clip art to make some kind of wall or hall display. I'm too noncommittal to have a classroom theme, but if I did it would probably revolve around this clip art. Darling!
11. Make some of these floating bookshelves. How cool would it be to have some of these around my classroom library?
12. Print and frame some of these darling posters and/or quotes (all found on Pinterest!). It would be so fun to have frames everywhere!
How many of these to dos will I actually do? I don't know.
Goal: All plus some I haven't even thought of.
Reality: Move my room, paint the wall, go to Starbucks and collapse in exhaustion.
What are your summer to dos?