Need an easy idea to get you pumped (or at the very least to keep you from being horribly depressed) about going back to the classroom after break? We all love children, but we also love sleeping in and sipping our coffee leisurely, all while going to the bathroom anytime we want for two whole weeks! That first day back can be brutal, so let's wade in a toe at a time shall we?
2. Have students share the 3-5 most important or exciting words from their list.
3. Now pass out the paper (I like white) and have the kidlets write those 3-5 words nice and big in PENCIL.
4. After the big words, have students fill in the rest of the page with the other words on their list.
5. Have students cut out around the words and voila! They have a word cloud!
6. Now they can trace their many words in color and even color the background or draw a cloud shape around their words.
7. Wanna get fancy? Have students share their word clouds with partners around the room.
8. Wanna get even fancier and take up lots more time? Give each student a piece of tape, and have them tape these around the room. Then do a silent art gallery with the word clouds for a few minutes (Oh sweet silence! You shan't be here again until Spring Break)
*If you like my blog please consider using the affiliate links above for your online shopping. This means when you click on these links I earn a small percentage of any purchases you make, but the prices stay the same for you. Thanks for helping to support my blog!*